A very well- funded Mobile Tech Start-Up is seeking a Public Relations (PR) Manager to continue to grow their well know brand as an independent standard in the telecoms industry. The client has a significant track record of achieving frequent and major PR for its regular industry insight reports driven by a suite of global mobile apps. The PR Manager will be tasked with developing and executing an effective communications and media relations plan and the right candidate will have the ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, a high level of credibility and be a motivated, self-starter. Knowledge of the telecommunications and mobile industry is advantageous as is experience in a start-up.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day running of the PR including reactive media relations
- Take ownership of PR for the brands regular schedule of industry reports and all other PR activities including the launching of new consumer apps or updates.
- Take the lead on managing relationships with many press contacts built up over 6 years.
- Developing a marketing/PR communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis
- A track record in managing PR activities for a brand with a demonstrable understanding of how to maximise PR coverage and headlines.
- Knowledgeable about current activities in the media and mobile/telecom industry and ability to link the two on short notice for maximum PR benefit
- Ensure PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages
- Complete end-to-end media monitoring and outreach with an ability to form new, meaningful media relationships quickly (being reactive and proactive)
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptable and excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional writing and editing skills